Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A Glimpse of The Bhagavad Gita




It is fortunate that I have the opportunity to read "The Bhagavad Gita" translated by Eknath Easwaran . This literary masterpiece is considered the most influential and the most luminous of all the Hindu Scriptures.

In this trying time, I found wisdom and knowledge from the Gita comforting my deep troubled soul. After reading several enlightening chapters, my heart started to open and all the sorrow and grief of the past were replaced by the cheerfulness and a profound sense of calm. I have found refuge in the ancient wisdom of the Gita.

Once more I have been touched and reminded of the truth and divine nature of our existence. In the midst of my own guilt and sorrow I had forgotten what I have learned. I have fallen into the ordinary mind full of shrouded illusions of the world. The true aspirant sees God in everyone and in everything regardless what kind of situation he (she) is in. The Gita emphasis the detachment of emotional roller coaster ride which is typical of people who are ignorant of their grand nature. The Gita instructed us to have no attachment of fruit and outcome of our labor and service. Our job is to perform our duties, fulfill our obligations at the best of our abilities and not to be concerned about the reward or punishment that go with it.

Yes, enjoy the world of illusions but do not get tangled up with its web.