Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Change hour of my morning meditation

I have started since yesterday to move meditation hour from 5:00 am to 4:00 am. Incredibly, I do not feel any adverse effect even though I have just slept only 4 hours last two days. My energy is good and I do not seem to feel I miss any sleep.

Given such a short experiment, it can not prove that meditation is better than sleep in terms of relaxation and revitalizing of body and mind. I did find myself being restless after an hour and 45 minites' sitting, and my lower back was also bothering me. Well, we are a creature of habit, if we do something out of our comfort zone then our body or our mind will certainly let us know. The key is to expand our comfort zone gradually , then one day we will operate in a whole new level.

Jonathan Parker, my teacher, is the founder of Quantum Quest International. He practiced meditation every day between 3 to 8 hours for three years. He said that in that three years, all that he experienced was blank screen and nothing else. It was through determination and perseverance that he has reached the summit of great God Consciousness. In retrospection, I started to realize that I have not committed myself hard enough and long enough for the attainment of my objective. Anything worthwhile to achieve will require dedication and persistence for as long as it takes, even if it takes many lifetimes. I am all for it.