Sunday, July 03, 2005

Meditation, a lifetime pursuit!

Meditation, means to a lifetime pursuit!

I have now established a good meditation practice. I will go to bed as usual and instinctly I will wake up around 5:30 am and do a one-hour meditaiton before my daily routine. This morning, I have 1 and 1/2 hour meditation from 5:30 am to 7:00 am due to the flexible hour on weekend. During lunch hour I will practice another 45-minute.

The quietness of mind is an on and off thing. Depending on the complexity and incidents of my daily life, the images of the day just float in and out of my consciousness spontaneously. I can't say I have absolute control of my thought, as that will take many year's practice to reach it. But even in the ancient time when life is simpler and there weren't many technological distractions, it will still take a lifetime to reach mastership.

I realize that every session of meditation is like a rung of ladder to higher level of consciousness. This morning, at the end of meditation, I experienced a funny scenarios that I chuckled when I came back to my senses.

"...There is a house, I open a patch of wall and said, Dad, here is your walk in area, and drill another smaller wall and said, Mom, here is yours, but myself, I just walk confidently in a grand door to the house...."

What was that about? I was not talking particularly to anyone, but I saw myself a lively, cute and energetic young woman with white t-shirt and blue skirt ( very much unlike my usual self).

No comments:

Post a Comment