Thursday, May 05, 2005

Do I know you?

This morning I woke up with the most absurd dream that I have ever had. I could not even articulate what was dreamed in this journal. I am absolutely appalled of the dream content. Do I know myself? If you ask average person, "do you know yourself?" Well, we know pretty much of our look, height, weight , personality, likes and dislikes and so and so... But Do we really know ourselves? I would not be so sure if we think back of our mysterious dreams. We see the tip of the iceberg, the 1-10% of us, but what we don't see accounts for 90-99% of the entire iceberg going down miles underwater.

I believe the hypnotherapy and dream exploration are the tools that would be helpful to understand ourselves. After all, we are not just composed of this body and this mind, we are the product of many thousands if not millions years of evolution. We are a mystery upon ourselves.

"Men, know yourself and you will know the universe and the gods"

No comments:

Post a Comment