Friday, February 18, 2005

A woman and smelly trash - A Dream

I followed the set schedule to get up 4:30 am last night , but felt groggy and sluggish, could not remember anything. I then set the 90 minutes interval alarm of 6:00am. This time I woke up 5 minutes earlier than the set time and remembered some of my dream.

A young woman was in the dream, I did not remember how she looked like, but sensed that she has certain charm. She persuaded my son and me to take her in and also paid her. I was skeptical of her motive. In my dream I thought she was kind of person that once you got involved with her, it would be very difficult to get rid of. And then the scene changed to weekly trash collection in our neightborhood. I forgot to put my trash can out of my house, so I watched the truck sped off and left my trash can (full of trash) behind. I got kind of sinking feeling. I had to tell my mom that I would haul the trash can to Albertson's dump site. I also physically handled the ugly, and smelly trash.

A weird and meaningless dream. But the fact that I got up 5 minutes before the alarm sounded was an improvement.

Now that I have 4-5 days entries of my dreams, I can detect some pattern . The first 4 and half hours of sleep served the purpose of relaxation and rejuvenation. That was absolutely essential for my physical and mental health. That is why I was not able to recall any of my dreams for that period, because I need at least that much time of sleep. I also noticed that I do not sleep too soundly for the next 90 minutes. I would be affirming " I will remember my dreams tonight" many times and enter into twilight state of consciousness. In a way, I think I am making some progress here. As a matter of fact, it's kind of exciting to go to bed, bacause you never know what is coming up in the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment