Saturday, February 19, 2005

A Goddess?

Last night, I had trouble falling asleep on the 90 minutes interval. We had heavy rain in Southern California coupled with several explosive thunder storms. I felt the ground shook very distinctly and imagined there might be something out there hit by the lightening.

After a long while I started to have a dream, I remembered my boss was in the scene, she was instructing me for some religious ritual that I repeatedly questioned her. I kept saying, "Is that what you mean ?" for every instruction she gave me.

And then the scene changed, I was entering a temple-like structure , sensing myself wearing a beautiful white silk-like gown, my shoulders were bare, looking very much like a goddess. I entered the temple and people bowed to me, however, I just remembered my walking into it and could not remember what happened afterwards.

I was not lucid in the dream. Apparently, my reality checking habit has not sunk deep enough into my subconscious mind.

I am getting a digital watch this weekend. The reality checking habit need to be cemented into deeper part of my mind in order for me to be aware that I am dreaming.

I also have several arsenals by my side for my lucid dreaming practice. I have just borrowed from local library Stephen LaBerge's lucid dreaming books. I heard that by constantly reading books about lucid dreaming is one way of getting the subconscious mind in gear for the real thing.

PS. This part of journal comes after several hours of thinking of my early morning's dream.
Now, come to think of it. I may be very close to having lucidity in my dream. The act of questioning my boss' instructions may be a signal of my trying to validate the logic or reasonableness of her instruction. Unfortunately, I did not remember any of her instruction, so I can't say that for sure. To be able to ask "Am I dreaming" inside of our dream, is one of the common ways to gain lucidity. It is when we encounter something strange, or out of ordinary that we ask the question and then the subsequent act of reality checking becomes possible.

Am I dreaming? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment