Sunday, February 15, 2004

Paralyzed by the feeling of sweetness

This morning, I did my meditation in my car enjoying beautiful sunshine. After about may be thirty minutes, I had that profound sweetness feeling again . This feeling started on my forehead and expanded throughout my body, I even felt that feeling in my knees. My entire being seemed to be paralyzed by that feeling. I was wondering was the feeling a sense of love? I don't know. It was pleasing and uncomfortable at the same time. It is very difficult to put into words. I remembered somewhere I read about it, there is a sense of sweetness and ecstasy when we are in a deep state of stillness! Is that ecstasy? I don't know. I am also aware of something else. When I am in that deep state, even other thoughts that pop into my mind would not interfere with the feeling of sweetness. But usually there is not much thought in that state.

Then when I had recovered from the meditation, my forehead was still swimming with that feeling for quite some time. Dr. Jonathan parker said I had contacted the presence of God within. I probably had. Then the question is what is the next experience of meditation? According to Dr. Parker, next level would be a great sense of expansion and stillness. I might achieve the level of cosmic consciousness in a very short time if I stay with my meditative practice. Now, that is exciting !