Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Cosmic Consciousness?

On the way home tonight, I thought about the concept of cosmic consciousness. While I was driving on the freeway 57, I saw hills, trees, cloud, birds flying, even cows grazing on the plain. I often wonder what will it feel like if my consciousness is not confined in my physical being, but expand to encompass all the things that my eyes can see?

Sometimes, when my bird (Fluffy, we call him Nerd lately) was looking at me, I just can not help but thinking, what was his impression of me? Does he see me the same way as I see myself? James likes to play with him and annoy him. If he can talk, what will he say about James? What does it feel like to be Fluffy, how does he see the world, what his surrounding means to him? Questions and more questions.

My goal of meditation is to reach this level of understanding and experience. Expanding my consciousness, so that I know all there is to know, to see all and know all. It is a lofty goal. The way to achieve it is through meditation. The stillness is the key indeed.

With this goal in mind, I know I have a long way to go. But I know I am not alone in my journey, I have many helps externally as well as internally. Yes, I am not alone.