Monday, February 09, 2004

My Toyota Camry, a sanctuary for meditation

Tonight, about 6:30pm I joined Dr. Jonathan Parker's conference call. The call was not about any subject, but a complete silent meditation.

Since I do not have headphone, I was carrying the phone about 40 minutes, then I got really tired of doing it. So, eventually I just hang up the phone and continued my own meditation. I had this incredible sensation of sweetness overflowing from my forehead and spread through my entire being. After that feeling came with an expansion of my consciousness. I wish I can explain it in words, but I couldn't.

I also had a very fulfilling meditative session on last Saturday morning. I found out long ago, the best place to meditate is in my beloved Toyota car. The seat is firm and when I close my window, I am at that moment shutting out entire physical contact of the worldly matters. I am in my own world and I can freely go within to meet the master within. I believe I am not the only one discovering this way of meditation. As we have understood, God is in all space and in all time, so no matter where you go, God is with us at all times.