Friday, January 30, 2004

Everything is spiritual

This is Friday night. Time seems to move much faster lately. Because of this perception, I sometimes have a great sense of urgency for my spiritual development. I often feel that the progress is too slow, too many distractions and wasted energy.

But then I remember what Dr. Parker said "Doing what you need to do is what you have to do for your spiritual growth". What he is saying is that whatever life throws at you, you have total acceptance, those are the lessons that you need to learn. Nothing is really trivial in our spiritual pursuit. Meditation is important, but getting along with others, paying attention to our family affairs, even doing dishes everyday with happy attitude all have bearing on our spiritual progression. TNG is coming up in 2 minutes. This concludes my journal tonight.