Saturday, December 31, 2005

The Light

I will sit in my car to meditate during lunch hour. I will breathe slowly and deeply the first few moments, send my intent to relax the body and the mind. Gradually, every muscle of my being will be limp and relaxed! The monkey mind though, will always be the last frontier to conquer before I enter into a state of mind expansion.

After a while, my forehead will be shrouded with energy, through my closed eye lids, I sense the sun light permeating my forehead, the light is golden and bright, very much like the clear mid-day Southern California brilliant sunshine. Several times, while conscious and aware in my meditative state, I remember that the day was cloudy and overcast, so I opened my eyes to confirm it and yes, the day was overcast, immediately and at that same time the golden light disappeared.

I had this light experience many times while in the meditative state, whether I conducted in my bedroom or in my car.

I sensed this phenomena but never consider recording them until now because of inspiration coming from the book "Autobiography of a Yogi". I had a sense of joy when I purchased this book in "Barnes & Noble" bookstore a couple of days ago. This book has crossed my path many times, but I always brushed it off as another boastful self-important inspirational book. Perhaps the student was not ready.