Sunday, April 17, 2005

Dad, It is ok to leave whenver you are ready!

Yesterday, all children living in the state of California went to see our dad. Mom and I got up real early, had a McDonald breakfast, shopped for the fortune (health) tree, and picked a beautiful picture, titled: The fields of lavendar provence, France. The picture is framed in a background of a clear blue sky, mountain range, and one and only stone house standing in a dreamy fields of lavendar flowers. Clean and simple. We believe dad will like it. My brother Albert brought home grown yellow, pink and white roses in a clear vase. The room where my dad stay seems to lighten up considerably, I wonder why we have not thought of doing that before.

This gathering is suggested by my sister Ming-Yea, and she got the idea from a book she read called " Invisible Power" a book I read sporadically at one time. The book suggested that for a peaceful transition of a dying person, they need to know that their family love them, forgive them and it is ok to leave whenever they are ready.

In light of this, Ming-Yea suggested of getting a greeting card, and Mom went and got a pretty one, and we put above thought on the card (and some more). We all signed the card and put on names of my two sisters who reside in the East Coast and read the card to my dad. I am sure he gets the message.

No comments:

Post a Comment