Wednesday, March 30, 2005

No news is not good news

For the last several days, I had difficult time getting into my dream routine. I will get up after the first interval and then unable to go back to sleep again. Therefore no news to report for my lucid dream training.

I often found some articles, or books in the Internet talking about lucid dreaming in seven days, lucid dreaming in 30 days , lucid dreaming in 20 minutes, and so on..... I now wonder, are these people really know anything about lucid dreaming? Or they may be just copy the material from others and they themselves do not practice what they preach. Writing a book in this age is not difficult. We all have all the worlds of material literally at our fingertip. From my personal experience, I don't think lucid dreaming can be mastered in 20 minutes, a weekend or even in a month. I myself have been practicing conscientiously for about 2 months and yet I can't even recall half of my dreams.

As one of the authors suggested, learning to dream consciously is like learning a new language. How long will it take to learn adequately a new language? A month? six month or may be a year? The fact of the matter is, it takes time, sometimes a considerable amount of time, as I now realized. Well, it is one of the skills that worth going after, I am sure of that.

"All things are of the substance of dreams", "Is this a dream?"

No comments:

Post a Comment