Sunday, September 12, 2004

Distractions

Learning a lesson:

Last night my son and I went to Verizon Wireless amphitheater to listen a concert featuring Beethoven's symphony no. 9, one of my favorites.

The performance was awesome. I have never listened this piece of Mastership in live orchestra. I don't even know Pacific Symphony have ever existed. But they were marvelous. I felt my soul soared and rejoiced. I bet no one has ever heard this masterpiece without being touched in some way.

But there were distractions in the theater, like people walking, especially when people sat right in front of us moving their head around in talking mode were really distracting. But I guess we just have to learn not being annoyed. After mid of the concert, I decided to close my eyes to enjoy it.

However, for his being an indigo type-3 child, these distractions could cause fury and resentment inside of him. I knew it was difficult for him to focus throughout the concert, but the fact that he remained calm and at the end , I saw smile on his face I knew he did enjoy it for the moment. I think we all have learned this lesson. No one does anything to us, it is what we do with the circumstance we are in that is the blessing of the lesson.

Later on after I cam home, I silently sent love and blessing to the people we think have caused the distraction.

We are all doing the very best we can in every moment of our life. If I have allowed circumstance to annoy me then I am responsible and no one else.

No comments:

Post a Comment