Saturday, September 25, 2004

Search within

For the last two weeks, I have looked deeply into the programs that I am working on. I was contemplating the statements that Jonathan Parker once made in regards to the path to enlightenment. He said that no one can give you enlightenment, your teacher is your inner self. The beauty of this is that you don't have to go to Tibet or go to India to find guru there. Your inner teacher is right where you are, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You only need to go deep into your self to reach enlightenment.

With this statement ringing day in and day out, but I did not listen at all. I was still frantically finding programs, CDs, tapes and hoping these objects can somehow shed the light of truth on my path. I finally know that I need just relax into my being and trust my own meditative experience to unfold without all those CDs and Tapes. That was truly a breakthrough.

This is an age of electronic gadgets, there are many programs out there that claim to help improve our lives. All of them probably are helpful to some extent, they are like a compass, they can direct you to the right direction. They might help relax our bodies, calm our chattered mind, synchronize our brain wave, but these are just a preparation stage. Once we have passed this preparatory stage, the true path has just begun. In order to have our inner self shine brightly, we need to go deep into ourselves to contact it in complete stillness. In the stillness, there would be no voice, no sound, no music, then and only then our True Master within will reveal itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment