Saturday, July 10, 2004

My favorite day of the week

My days off normally do not fill with activities like others. People usually ask me "What do you do this weekend?", I will typically say "nothing". Yes, nothing is what I do. May be I am a bit extreme in the practice of personal development, but now I regard the worldly things, worldly achievements, and adventures as non-issues, unimportant. Several years ago, my mentality is to chase after rainbow like getting a second degree, advancing my career, making money. But now the life-long goal is somewhat different. I have a sense of urgency of my reaching a goal of enlightenment.

But sometimes I ask myself, what is enlightenment? If I have ever achieved it, would I even know that I have achieved it? Honestly, I don't know. I guess you can say that the journey itself is wonderful and worthwhile . I do have some glimpse of what to come in my night vision when I mind-project, but nothing spectacular has happened. Nonetheless, I will continue plowing along as long as it takes. I have committed to that cause more than three years ago, and I will stick to it to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment