Friday, March 12, 2004

Our Subconscious Mind -Enlightenment Series Dr. Jonathan Parker

I have just tried some of the Silva Ultramind ESP system. For most people who have never experienced meditation, this could be a mind opening session. But from my own experience, I know that even an experienced meditator could not achieve what they have described an easy and simple approach for the solutions that can transform your life. In theory it is simple, but the practice is another story.

The method is valid and long lasting if we apply them everyday. There were discoveries in the last 20 or 30 years in the field of brain research. There are 4 levels of brainwave in terms of cycle. The Beta state is the waking state, a deeper level is called Alpha state , that is what we considered a super learning state, the Theta level is deeper still and Delta state is a state of deep sleep.

Our subconscious mind resides in these deeper state of consciousness. This is a huge storage that houses our past memories, past experience of our every incarnation and emotional baggage that go along with those memories. That is why most of the self help book is not helping. By reading book alone the concept and ideas can not penetrate into our deeper subconscious mind. That is why meditative state is the best state of mind to transform our life. It is not as an easy task as it appears to be. But with practice, we can program our mind to change behavior pattern, eradicate addictions, plant seeds of greatness if we like.

The Silva system teaches the relaxation technique which is very helpful. For as long as I can remember of my meditative practice, I deliberately ignore my body, thinking it is not important. However, I discovered that by deliberately relaxing each part of the body the mind benefit as well. After the body is fully relaxed the mind then becoming quieter. That was a leap forward discovery. I am glad!

The Silva system teaches us how to tap into the Alpha state of consciousness by relaxing each part of our body. Once Alpha state of brainwave level has been reached, then we can use visualization and affirmation to reprogram our mind. The method is absolutely valid. I am still in the process of learning deeper relaxation. it is quite exciting!

However this knowledge is not new to me. In Dr. Parker's program, each major concept is followed by a guided meditation so that what we have learned in that session can be integrated into every level of our consciousness. The only difference is just relaxation part. Again, I have read many books, tried some programs, I found out that the most comprehensive and most exciting journey that anyone can take is to work on Dr. Parker's "Enlightenment Series". They are gems and jewels. After working on the program for over 3 years, I am still amazed of the richness, beauty and timeliness of the truth streaming from a true master. I am truly blessed! Thank you, Dr. Parker!