Saturday, December 08, 2007

How Am I?

Year 2007 is rapidly coming to a close. I found myself asking, "what have I achieved in my inner world of experience?" I consider myself an explorer of human consciousness and yet the vast sea of consciousness is still elusive to me. The water is uncharted and off-limit as if there is an invisible veil stubbornly and steadfastly unyielding to my insistent probe.

Over the last six years, I have enjoyed many good books and filled my brain with all sorts of intellectual understanding of the most profound phenomenon found only in the mind of a mystic. In the depth of the night, I occasionally experience a brief but mind exhilarating out of body experience where I travel to unknown locale sampling what I can only describe as first hand experience of our timeless, ageless energy body. There is no book, however meticulously and vividly narrated, can give me a taste of what is like to be experiencing an invisible, non-physical part of me. It is the knowing that is beyond belief.

It is comforting at least to have a glimpse of my invisible self. Last several months I found myself losing that ability fast. On one hand, I am afraid that my sense of connection with the invisible plane could fail and I will be back to square one as a kindergartener learning baby steps in my advancing age. But on the other hand, I just come to realize that whatever experience and non-experience that come my way, it must be a part of the necessary learning on my inner development. No growth is going straight up to the roof. Growth is more like a gentle wave moving in a formation of a spiral. Some said that inner journey of awakening and transformation is like climbing a wilding mountain; one can easily get lost without proper direction and guidance.

" Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it, you will land among the stars." - Les Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment