Saturday, January 07, 2006

Don't lose sight of The Goal

Last three days, while in meditative state, I had an intoxicated feeling first permeating in the forehead and then gradually descending down to the upper body, at the same time I also felt a great sense of relaxation, like layers of layers of tensions and worldly concern melted. In this state of meditation, thought intrusions of any kind have no disurbing effect on the meditation. It is like clouds that floating in the blue sky, once dissolved, left no trace on a clear day.

I remember I had the same meditative feeling two years ago when I meditated in earnest. How time has quickly passed and it would take me two years to pick up the pieces again.

I was like a traveler aimed originally to climb Mount Everest of 29,000 feet, and yet was distracted by the green pastures and beautiful flowers, wondering around the forest and thought that the pastures and flowers weren't too bad after all. The ambition of climbing the steep mountain was forgotten, the 360-degree panorama view from the highest peak seemed impossible to reach.

Lucid dream, astral travel, are like little distractions here and there all the more enticing me to yearn for inner experiences. I have come to realize that they should not be the reason of my meditation. Meditation is a means to have deep communion with our source, to realize our true nature. If meditation leads to other spiritual adventures, then they are treated as extra bonus and not to be focused on exclusively. The goal is to reach the highest level of frequency, vibration, consciousness and awareness. So, press on and persevere!