Friday, March 04, 2005

Self imposed belief and behavior?

I am ready to go on a trip by train. I don't know the destination, but it is somewhere west of Los Angeles. I am walking down the stairs of train station, but I am confused, I don't know which terminal to go. So, I ask a lady, "Can you tell me which station I need to go, I need to get to Los Angeles." She said, follow me, I am going the same direction. I feel relieved and follow her moving about the zig-zag mazes of the station to the ticket window.

The cost for the ride is $15.00. It's my turn for the purchase, I pull a $20 bill and give it to the clerk. (I don't remember getting $5.00 back). Then the clerk just hand me a big stack of coins ( tickets to ride) and tell me to pick however many coins that I think is worth of the money I paid. I somehow instinctly calculate in my mind and assuming 1 coins is worth of 3 dollars, so I pick 5 coins that amount to $15.00, the cost of the train ride.

While we are waiting for the train, the lady is interested in the fruit display in the vending machine. She ask me to hold her coins for her while she grab something to eat. I look at the coins and suddenly realize that she has 15 coins. Well, I was mistaken, I need 15 coins to ride and now I am short of 10 coins. I am thinking about going back to the ticket window to get more, but the train is coming. It is too late, I panic....and feel embarrassed, I don't want that lady to know that I am so stupid that I paid for the full price and yet only get 5 coins. Now I don't know what to do... then I woke up from this uneasy situation.

If dreams are the reflection of mind. What this dream really means? I was contemplating it throughtout the day. May be it doesn't have any meaning at all , or could it possible that it is reflecting my deep seated subconscious programming?

In the dream scene, the clerk who handed me a big stack of coins (tickets) did say that I can have as many coins as I think its worthy of my payment. Well, I could have grabbed a handful of may be 15, 30 or more, but I chose to pick only 5. Am I having a self imposed limiting belief that I am only worthy of 5 coins? Am I just short changed myself about my life's achievement and worthiness? You may think I have stretched too far for it is only a dream. Is it?

The lesson and message from our dream is usually subtle, imbedded and hidden behind the scene. I am fascinated with our mind and our dream. It uses story, scenery, interaction with others, and ten million other totally outrageous and illogical ways to convey and to communicate. Isn't that fantastic? It can be a truly wonderful adventure. One of the reasons I pursue the lucid dreaming training is because I like to explore my inner consciousness, the part of me that knows all, sees all, and is all. It is out here just several square inches above my neck. Scientists call that our three-pound universe.

"Man, know yourself, and you will know the universe and the gods"

No comments:

Post a Comment